When purchasing a new AC system for your home, you can be overwhelmed with options
and information. Your decision on what AC brand will be best for your home will depend on what
you value the most. You want to look at the total cost of purchase and installation, the lifespan of the
prospected AC unit, warranties, efficiency, ratings, and size of the unit. With this information at
hand, it is important to look at a few different AC brands so you can make the decision that is best
for your home.
● American Standard Air Conditioners is a great AC brand. This is a company that focuses on central-based air conditioning. Their average unit cost is $3,500 to $6,100. This company is known to get the least repair calls for their AC systems
● Carrier Air Conditioners is another top-rated brand and mostly because they are built with strict quality standards. This brand has a higher price range from about $4,800 to $7,300. This is because they offer more options and the highest SEER rating available. This company also has heat pumps, gas furnaces, and other HVAC systems.
● Goodman Central Air Conditioners are known for being in the cheaper price range and are rated as high as those above but are still a good brand to rely on. You can expect to pay around $3,100 to $4,300. This company also offers great warranty programs.
● Trane Central AC Units are known for their standard 10-year warranty which covers parts and labor. These units have a 14 SEER rating in energy efficiency. These units can cost from $3,300 to $6,100. They are known to be pricier than other HVAC brands but have one of the better warranties.
● Rheem Air Conditioners are a great option for those on a smaller budget. These units can be as durable as any other higher-priced brand if they are maintained. These units range from $3,100 to $4,000. Although, they are not considered a premier brand but are the best option for many.
● York AC Units are known for their low pricing. They have a 16 SEER rating and cost $3,00 to $5,200 to install. They are known for being quiet and a good option when noise is a concern in the area you live in.
● RUDD Central Air Conditioners offer heating and air conditioning. These units are known to be long-lasting and range in price from $3,100 to $3,800. They are also known for quick replacements because all of their parts are available throughout the U.S.
● Amana HVAC Systems are known to be mid-range HVAC. They are known for their compressors coming with a limited lifetime replacement warranty. The price ranges from $3,900 to $6,400.
● Lennox is the best brand you can find out of all of these brands. They are known as the brand that has the most energy efficiency as well as the best price range for the product you are getting. The SEER rating for Lennox air conditioners is 14-16 and their efficiency levels are above 98%. The Lennox 14ACX will cost you from $3,100 to $7,400
Need to Know More?
- When Should You Replace Your Heat Pump?
- Should you go with ductless AC?
- When Should You Buy a New Air Conditioner?
- Is it Worth it to get a Programmable Thermostat?
- When Does Your AC Need Replacing?
- What Does a Heat Pump Actually Do?
- Should You Have a Backup Furnace?
- Looking for a new design or remodel? Check out Three Rivers Remodeling