People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature accordingly.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Three Rivers Heating & Cooling in Portland at 503-213-4433. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.