As springtime rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Portland? Especially if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Three Rivers Heating & Cooling expert can help spot small issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy needs—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little troubles before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into extensive troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Three Rivers Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Three Rivers Heating & Cooling pros a call at 503-213-4433 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your next service.