As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Portland? Even if your cooling equipment is newer or was working well last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your equipment examined seasonally by a Three Rivers Heating & Cooling technician can help locate little issues before they lead to huge meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect inside your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, as you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little issues before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely look at parts and complete a cycle of AC performance checks. These detailed processes often allow us to identify problems before they create large issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is prepped to deliver worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is vulnerable to advanced failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and parts:
- Overall system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Three Rivers Heating & Cooling
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Three Rivers Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 503-213-4433 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.