When it’s chilly in Portland you depend on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Three Rivers Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Three Rivers Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.