Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Portland summer, have the professionals at Three Rivers Heating & Cooling perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Three Rivers Heating & Cooling today at 503-213-4433.