You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Three Rivers Heating & Cooling have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the present temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Three Rivers Heating & Cooling technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 503-213-4433.