It sounds like a bang-up deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t appreciate things that are free, right?
Companies that dangle tempting deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free usually make customers think they're going to hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, it's critical to view these offers carefully. In many cases, what seems like a very good deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Unscrupulous companies might boost the prices of their products or incorporate hidden costs to make up for the discount they're promoting.
Remember that old saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t that many air conditioners that are actually free when all is said and done
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A supposedly "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or having to sign up for expensive supplementary services. It's very important for you to carefully assess the overall cost and terms before falling for such marketing promotions. One way to protect yourself is to get a second opinion from a different HVAC company, such as Three Rivers Heating & Cooling, and compare prices of the entire installation.
The following are a few of the ways a “free” AC could come back to sting you in the pocketbook
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may boost the cost of their products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the package much higher than it first appears.
- Unseen installation fees: While the air conditioner may technically be free, buyers may encounter unanticipated installation charges that are not clearly stated in the advertised offer. These charges can dramatically increase the overall price tag of the system.
- Mandatory additional services: To recoup the cost of the allegedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at embellished prices. These kinds of things can swiftly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, saying it will result in enhanced performance or increased efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or supply much value for the added expense.
- Warranty limitations: While the original offer may include warranties, some companies might enforce restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that reduce the coverage. You may need to pay extra for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's crucial to focus on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being tempted by fancy marketing gimmicks, it is wiser to partner with a reputable company.
What are the qualities of a reputable HVAC company? The company will have a strong track record in the industry, supported by positive customer reviews. It also will have necessary certifications and licenses, which shows it follows industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable HVAC company handle pricing? It will have clear and fair pricing, with no hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Portland, Choose Three Rivers Heating & Cooling
At Three Rivers Heating & Cooling, we take pride in giving our customers dependable and high-quality HVAC service in Portland. Whether you need furnace installation or are searching for a second opinion, our team is dedicated to providing outstanding support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our knowledgeable technicians are skilled in their craft and equipped with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and our friendly staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Three Rivers Heating & Cooling, you can rest easy you'll get superb service from an HVAC company that sincerely cares about your comfort.
Call 503-213-4433 today for your no-cost, no-obligation estimate.