There’s no getting around the changing weather in Portland, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to schedule annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly cooling bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Three Rivers Heating & Cooling technician drops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few easy ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures drop in Portland. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the experts at Three Rivers Heating & Cooling a call at 503-213-4433 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.